A warm piece of pie, right out of the oven, with a powerful aroma of apple, almond and cinnamon is the perfect dessert for celebrating our victory. The Giants have won game 7 and became the world champions for the 3rd time in 5 series, thanks to Madison Bumgarner and his golden arm!
It was scary when we lost game 6 but they always say a blowout loss is better than 1 less, or maybe I just made this up! Either way, I had a rough day at work yesterday and only a win could cheer me up so with that thought in mind I picked up the ingredients on my home, already assuming the victory. It seems my 6th sense was right on and they did a great job. Now, it’s time to get ready for Halloween festivities.
For those of you who already have tried my blueberry-almond pie, this is almost the same recipe only with more apples.
- 1 box (7 oz) almond paste
- 1 unbaked 9″ pie shell, chilled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, 1/4″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 7 apples, peeled, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Shape Almond Paste into flat disk. Roll out to 9” disk, between 2 sheets of wax paper
- Press disc into bottom and the sides of the pie crust and refrigerate
- For topping mix flour, oats, brown sugar, almonds, and half of cinnamon. Cut butter into mixture and blend with a fork until crumbs are formed
- For filling mix sugar with remaining cinnamon, toss with apples, and pour into the crust
- Spoon topping over apples. Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown
- If the top is browning too quickly, loosely cover with foil